- 18 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast diced
- 1 Andouille sausage link chopped
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 3 medium stalks celery chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Place chicken and sausage in a large slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well to blend. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken, sausage and vegetables are cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add braised collard greens. NUTRITION: per serving: 298 Calories; 5g Fat; 45g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 79mg Cholesterol; 2475mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!