- 6 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Madeira wine
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large shallot peeled and minced
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 1/4 cup half and half
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 13-oz. package whole wheat Angel Hair pasta cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook pasta.
- Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; brown for 4 to 5 minutes per side then remove from skillet and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add Madeira and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add garlic and shallot; cook for 3 minutes or until softened. Add mushrooms; cook for 5 minutes or until their liquid has been released and evaporated.
- Add tomatoes and chicken broth; simmer for 10 minutes or until mixture has thickened slightly. Add half and half, salt and pepper; stir to combine and cook for 3 minutes or until heated through. Add cooked pasta; toss to combine then garnish with chopped parsley.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A medley of steamed baby carrots with broccoli and cauliflower florets. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and adjust cooking time accordingly. KOSHER: Use soy milk instead of half and half. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free flour and pasta and make sure wine and broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving 538 Calories; 11g Fat (19.7% calories from fat); 48g Protein; 56g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 107mg Cholesterol; 371mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!