Cauliflower and Beef Shepherds Pie
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets and steamed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon full fat coconut milk
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium bell pepper sliced
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a food processor, blend cauliflower, salt and pepper to taste and coconut milk until smooth. In a large skillet over medium heat, add the beef, onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes then add the remaining 4 ingredients (bell pepper through broth) and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and cover. Simmer for 10 minutes, until ground beef is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- In a large baking dish, pour the beef mixture. Pour the cauliflower puree over the beef mixture and smooth evenly over the beef mixture.
- Place pie in the oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes, until cauliflower mixture is brown on top. Slice and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: 390 Calories; 28g Fat (63.0% calories from fat); 21g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 83mg Cholesterol; 113mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!