Caribbean Style Pot Roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pounds beef pot roast trimmed
- 1/4 pound ham diced
- 6 pimento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 cups white wine (or use low sodium beef broth or homemade)
- 1 cup water
- 2 large carrots peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine first 5 ingredients (olive oil through oregano); spread mixture over the surface of the beef then place it in a large zipper-topped plastic bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 1 hour.
- With a sharp knife, make a long and deep pocket from both ends to the center of the meat; stuff with the ham and the olives then place in a slow cooker along with the carrots. Add the wine and water. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 6 1/2 hours or until meat is forktender.
- Taste slow cooker juices, season with salt and pepper if needed the serve over sliced beef.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve braised collard greens on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add baked sweet potatoes. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher and skip the ham. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar, ham, olives, capers and wine (or broth) are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 515 Calories; 19g Fat; 56g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 148mg Cholesterol; 671mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 8 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!