Black Pepper Cognac Lamb Chops
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup cognac
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour (to thicken use more if necessary)
- 8 to 10 lamb chops
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Prepare sauce: Melt the butter in a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat then whisk in remaining sauce ingredients (cognac through coconut flour).
- Bring to a slow boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Cook lamb chops: While sauce is simmering, season lamb lightly with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add lamb chops and cook for 5 to 8 minutes per side or until they reach desired level of doneness. Serve sauce on top.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed green beans. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 477 Calories; 39g Fat; 19g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 94mg Cholesterol; 623mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 6 1/2 Fat. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!