Bing Cherry Chicken
- 2 cups red wine or use red grape juice with a splash of cider vinegar
- 2 cups unsweetened cherry juice
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring wine (or juice/vinegar), cherry juice and dried cherries to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half and cherries are plump.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add chicken strips; cook and stir for 12 minutes or until juices run clear.
- When cherry mixture has reduced, remove from the heat and stir in the butter, sugar and rosemary.
- Check seasonings and adjust were needed. Serve sauce over chicken.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and adjust cooking time as necessary. KOSHER: Use olive oil instead of butter. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine (or juice/vinegar) and cherry juice are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 341 Calories; 10g Fat; 27g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 71mg Cholesterol; 178mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fruit; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!