- 1 small red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 1 small orange bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 6 ounces cremini mushrooms chopped
- 1 leek chopped
- 2 medium stalks celery chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes chopped, Roma
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 1 medium Vidalia onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth or use homemade, divided
- 1 pound lean stewing beef
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 slices bacon chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- Place vegetables (bell peppers through garlic) in a slow cooker along with half of the beef broth, stir to combine.
- Sprinkle stewing beef with a pinch of salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef and sear on all sides.
- Add to the slow cooker along with the bacon, remaining broth and remaining ingredients (Worcestershire sauce through bay leaf).
- Stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours. Remove bay leaf before serving. Enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed Brussels sprouts and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese, and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher and use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth, bacon and Worcestershire are gluten-free. NUTRITION per serving: 411 Calories; 20g Fat; 38g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 1126mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!