Baked Cod with Chorizo and Beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 4 ounces chorizo cut into bite sized pieces, or use regular sausage
- 10 ounces cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 6 green onions chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 pounds cod fillets
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet. Add chorizo and cook until browned (2 to 4 minutes). Add beans and green onions and cook until heated through. Add water; bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season fillets on both sides with salt and pepper then place them on top of the beans and chorizo. Drizzle with remaining olive oil then bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes. KOSHER: Skip the sausage and increase the beans. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure sausage and beans are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 418 Calories; 19g Fat; 43g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 98mg Cholesterol; 495mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 3 Fat. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!