Bacon Wrapped Lamb Chops
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 8 lamb chops
- 4 slices black pepper bacon cut in half
- Wooden toothpicks
- In a small bowl, blend seasonings (salt through sage); sprinkle mixture evenly over all sides of lamb chops. Wrap a piece of bacon around each lamb chop and secure with a toothpick.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Grill lamb chops for 5 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked to desired level of doneness.
- If the bacon is still a little too chewy for your taste, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown the grilled chops to make the bacon crisper.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed rutabagas mashed with a little grass fed butter, salt, pepper and ground nutmeg. Add steamed green beans. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 629 Calories; 54g Fat; 33g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 146mg Cholesterol; 443mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 8 Fat. Points: 17
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!