Autumn Squash Chicken Stew
- 1 acorn squash seeded, peeled and diced
- 1/2 butternut squash seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 medium stalks celery chopped
- 1 medium carrot peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves diced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Place all ingredients in a large slow cooker; stir well to blend.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until squash are tender and chicken is cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Faux-Tay-Toes (see Day 2 directions). NUTRITION: Per Serving: 337 Calories; 2g Fat (4.3% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 57g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 34mg Cholesterol; 962mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!