Autumn Spiced Lamb Meatballs
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- 1 small red onion minced
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce or more for a spicier kick
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl. Blend thoroughly with your very clean hands.
- Form mixture into 1- to 2-inch meatballs and arrange them in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby Brussels sprouts and steamed rutabagas mashed with a little coconut cream, salt, pepper and ground nutmeg. NUTRITION per serving: 431 Calories; 37g Fat; 20g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 109mg Cholesterol; 574mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 5 1/2 Fat. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!