Asian Pork Salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 lime juiced and zested, divided
- 1 lemon zested
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 Fresno chili peppers chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons water divided
- 1/4 cup chopped mint optional
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 6 green onions chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large head romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted and salted peanuts
- 3 hard-boiled eggs peeled and sliced
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Hard-boil eggs
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground pork, garlic, citrus zest, and onion; cook and crumble until meat has browned and onion has softened.
- Add chili peppers, fish sauce, soy sauce and 2 tablespoons of water; stir well to combine then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add mint, cilantro, green onions, and lime juice; toss then set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, toss together lettuce, peanuts, eggs and pork mixture. Serve immediately.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Add sliced cucumber on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add sesame breadsticks. KOSHER: Substitute ground beef for the ground pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure fish sauce and soy sauce are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 219 Calories; 13g Fat; 13g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 160mg Cholesterol; 350mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!