Apple Balsamic Lamb Chops
- 8 lamb chops
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- DO AHEAD TIP: Marinate lamb chops overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- Place lamb chops in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (apple sauce through onion powder); pour mixture over lamb chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At time of cooking, preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Remove lamb chops from marinade and grill for 5 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked to your preference.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked butternut squash and steamed baby Brussels sprouts tossed with a little grass fed butter and ground nutmeg. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 438 Calories; 35g Fat (71.5% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 94mg Cholesterol; 440mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!