Shrimp with White Beans and Cabbage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large leek sliced
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth or use homemade
- 1 cup dry white wine or use additional broth
- 30 ounces cannellini beans drained and rinsed, or use homemade
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and leek and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add cabbage and cook and stir for 5 to 10 minutes or until tender-crisp. Add broth, wine, beans and thyme.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until cabbage is tender, about 10 minutes. Add shrimp and cook over low heat until pink and opaque.
- Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced tomatoes and cucumber on the side. VEGETARIAN: Skip the shrimp. KOSHER: Instead of shrimp, use boneless skinless chicken breast meat cut to the approximate size of shrimp. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth, wine and beans are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 348 Calories; 6g Fat; 28g Protein; 38g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 115mg Cholesterol; 220mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!