Mirin-Glazed Salmon with Steamed Bok Choy
- 4 6-oz. skinless salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons mirin or use low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 cups bok choy chopped
- Place fillets in a shallow bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine mirin (or broth) and soy sauce. Pour mixture over salmon turn to coat, and set aside. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon and sear for 2 minutes then turn and pour marinade over the top. Cook for 2 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Add the vinegar to the marinade remaining in the skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Meanwhile, steam the bok choy until tender-crisp. Pour the glaze over the salmon. Lightly season the steamed bok choy with soy sauce, if desired, and serve salmon on top. Enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve steamed snow peas on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add sesame bread sticks. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure mirin (or broth), soy sauce, and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION per serving: 225 Calories; 6g Fat; 35g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 587mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!