Grilled Lemon Basil Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1/4 cup basil leaves chopped
- Aluminum foil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken strips for at least 30 minutes or up to 6 hours (see recipe).
- Place chicken strips in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk together next 6 ingredients (olive oil through rosemary). Reserve a few tablespoons of this marinade for later use and pour remainder over the chicken.
- Seal the bag, turn to coat and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 6 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- At time of cooking, preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Grill chicken strips for 2 to 3 minutes per side, basting with reserved marinade as you turn.
- Remove from grill and tent with foil for 3 to 5 minutes or until ready to serve.
- To serve, sprinkle with chopped basil. Enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and steamed broccoli rabe. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION per serving: 426 Calories; 16g Fat; 53g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 132mg Cholesterol; 149mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!