Greek Salad with Lemon-Grilled Chicken
- 6 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped oregano divided
- 5 tablespoons minced garlic divided
- 6 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber sliced
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives pitted
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled low fat Feta cheese
- 3 large whole wheat pitas toasted
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken overnight or for at least 30 minutes (see recipe).
- Place chicken in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, half of the oregano and half of the garlic. Pour mixture over chicken. Seal bag, turn to coat, and refrigerate overnight or for at least 30 minutes.
- At time of cooking, preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry. Grill for 4 minutes per side then reduce heat to LOW and grill for 5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Remove chicken from grill and let rest.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine vegetables (Romaine lettuce through red bell pepper). In a small bowl, combine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil with the remaining oregano and garlic. Cut grilled chicken into strips and add to salad mixture. Drizzle with dressing, top with Feta cheese, and toss.
- Serve with toasted pitas and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: You really don’t need to add a thing to this complete meal! VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken. Marinate for only 30 minutes and adjust cooking time accordingly. KOSHER: Skip the Feta. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure olives and vinegar are gluten free. Use gluten free pitas. NUTRITION: Per serving: 507 Calories; 16g Fat; 49g Protein; 40g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 104mg Cholesterol; 726mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!