Garlicky Chili Flank Steak
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Serrano chili peppers chopped*
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steak overnight or for at least 1 hour (see recipe).
- Place steak in a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients (oil through black pepper). Rub mixture into both sides of steak. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 1 hour. At time of cooking, preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Grill steak for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until desired level of doneness is achieved. Remove steak from grill and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain (diagonally). Serve and enjoy!
- *LEANNE'S NOTE: To reduce the heat of the Serrano chili peppers, remove the ribs and the seeds.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed or grilled asparagus and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve baked russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION per serving: Per Serving: 276 Calories; 13g Fat; 35g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 481mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!