Fall-is-in-the-Air Crock Cooker Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs 6-oz.
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 medium apples peeled, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 cup chopped butternut squash
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a shallow dish, dredge chicken in flour.
- Shake off excess. Place chicken and remaining ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mashed russet potatoes and steamed broccoli spears. VEGETARIAN: Replace chicken with 30 ounces navy beans (drained and rinsed or homemade). Use vegetable broth instead of chicken. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten-free flour and make sure broth and cider are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 398 Calories; 13g Fat; 51g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 151mg Cholesterol; 170mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!