Cayenne Chicken with Fresh Salsa
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 plum (Roma) tomatoes seeded and chopped,
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped, optional
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle mixture evenly over both sides of chicken. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium- high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and juices run clear, about 8 to 10 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, prepare salsa: In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, jalapeno (if using), onion and cilantro. Add lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chicken with salsa on the side. Enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Mexi-Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; toss with salt, pepper, ground cumin, ground coriander and chopped green onions to taste). Add a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve Mexican Brown Rice (same as above, but use brown rice instead of cauliflower). KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION per serving: 277 Calories; 9g Fat; 40g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 590mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!