Baked Fish with Ratatouille
- 4 6-oz. pieces firm white fish fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium Spanish onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 medium zucchini chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 1 medium eggplant chopped
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 4 basil leaves sliced, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place fish in a baking dish. Drizzle with half of the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Meanwhile, prepare ratatouille: Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until onion has started to soften. Stir in zucchini, bell pepper and eggplant and sauté for 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat. Add basil and simmer for 30 minutes, or until vegetables have softened.
- Serve and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, avocado and cucumber, tossed with red wine vinaigrette and topped with grated Parmesan cheese. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add Angel Hair pasta. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned tomatoes are gluten free. NUTRITION per serving: 259 Calories; 5g Fat; 34g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 73mg Cholesterol; 154mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!