Asian Marinated Flank Steak
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 4 green onions roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 3 cups broccoli florets steamed
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steak for 30 minutes or overnight (see recipe). Prepare rice and broccoli in time for dinner.
- Place steak in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together next 6 ingredients (garlic through honey) until well blended. Pour mixture over flank steak. Seal bag, turn to coat, and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- At time of cooking, preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Remove steak from marinade and pat dry. Grill until desired level of doneness is achieved (5 minutes per side for medium-rare and 7 minutes per side for medium). Remove steak from grill and allow it to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice against the grain (diagonally) and serve with hot brown rice and steamed broccoli florets. Enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby carrots and snow peas on the side. VEGETARIAN: Skip the beef and marinate sliced zucchini, yellow squash, red bell pepper and white button mushrooms in the rice vinegar, soy sauce and honey for 30 minutes then stir-fry! KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar and soy sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 313 Calories; 9g Fat; 27g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 57mg Cholesterol; 395mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!