Tagliata Steak with Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 6 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes scrubbed and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak trimmed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds arugula
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese shaved , optional
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine rosemary, garlic and olive oil. Add potatoes, toss well to coat, then spread them on a baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring twice.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to MEDIUM. Season steak with salt and pepper and grill for 4 minutes per side. Meanwhile, arrange arugula on a large platter.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and lemon juice. Drizzle mixture over arugula and toss to coat.Remove steak from the grill and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain (diagonally).
- Arrange steak strips over the arugula. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the Parmesan cheese into thin strips over the beef and arugula, if desired.
- Serve with lemon wedges and rosemary potatoes. Enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve steamed broccoli rabe on the side. VEGETARIAN: Skip the steak and add your favorite veggies to make an arugula salad. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher and skip the Parmesan cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 299 Calories; 10g Fat; 27g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 57mg Cholesterol; 139mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!