Sun-dried Tomato and Mushroom Turkey Quiche
- 10 large eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 1/2 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix the eggs, chili powder, and salt and pepper.
- In a medium cast iron skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil.
- To the skillet, add the remaining 5 ingredients (turkey through thyme) and cook for 10 minutes, until turkey is brown and vegetables are tender.
- Pour the eggs over the turkey mixture and place skillet in oven and bake for 20 minutes, until eggs are firm. Slice quiche and serve warm.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Tossed green salad (lettuce – not iceberg -, salad veggies and low car salad dressing.) GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 326 Calories; 21g Fat (58.1% calories from fat); 27g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 575mg Cholesterol; 360mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!