Sausage and Zucchini Stir-fry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound sausage links chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large zucchini chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the coconut oil.
- To the oil, add the sausage and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes, until the sausage, is brown.
- To the skillet, add the remaining 8 ingredients (coconut aminos through red pepper flakes) and stir.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender and sausage is cooked through.
- Serve warm.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised Kale. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth is gluten-free. NUTRITION: 297 Calories; 27g Fat (79.6% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 39mg Cholesterol; 417mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 4 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!