Salmon Steaks with Red Pepper Sauce
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 3 medium red bell peppers de-seeded, de-ribbed and each cut into quarters
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 teaspoon dried herbes de Provence
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 salmon steaks
- Preheat an outdoor grill to MEDIUM then coat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Or, heat the 1 tablespoon of olive oil in an indoor grill pan over medium heat until hot.
- Add bell peppers and grill for 15 minutes or until soft and skins are charred; remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 10 minutes or until browned.
- In a blender or food processor, place bell peppers, onion, garlic, herbes de Provence, salt and pepper along with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil; process until smooth, adding more olive oil if the mixture is too thick.
- Transfer to a medium saucepan and cook over low heat until warmed through.
- Preheat oven broiler or outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Broil/grill salmon steaks for 5 minutes per side.
- Serve with red bell pepper sauce.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby red potatoes and steamed or grilled asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Use sliced eggplant instead of salmon. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per Serving Calories: 127, Total Fat 14g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 3mg, Total Carbohydrates 2g, Dietary Fiber 1g , Protein 1g Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!