Pork Loin Stuffed with Figs and Apricots
- 1/2 cup dried figs chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots chopped
- 1/2 large apple peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 lemon zested
- 1/2 orange zested
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds pork loin butterflied
- kitchen string
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, place first 7 ingredients (figs through cider); cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes; remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add onion and celery; saute for 10 minutes then season with salt and pepper.
- Add fruit mixture; blend well then spread down the center of the pork loin.
- Roll loin back together and tie with kitchen string in the middle and at both ends.
- Roast stuffed pork loin for 1 hour or until cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mashed russet potatoes and steamed baby Brussels sprouts. VEGETARIAN: Instead of pork loin, serve baked Yukon gold potatoes filled with your favorite toppings (butter, sour cream, cheese, broccoli, etc.) GLUTEN FREE: Make sure apple cider is gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving Calories: 516, Total Fat 22g, Cholesterol 120mg, Sodium 941mg, Total Carbohydrates 31g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Protein 52g Points: 13
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!