Lemon Caper Chicken
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil.
- To the skillet, add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, until chicken is brown.
- To the skillet, add the next 5 ingredients (artichoke hearts through cauliflower) and stir.
- Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Top chicken mixture with parsley and lemon juice and serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: a Tossed green salad. (Lettuce –not iceberg-, salad veggies, and low carb dressing.) GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth is gluten-free. NUTRITION: 228 Calories; 8g Fat (33.5% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 351mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!