Grilled Chicken with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
- 6 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce or to taste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium cucumber peeled, seeded and grated
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken for 30 minutes (see recipe).
- Place chicken in a large zipper-topped plastic bag along with lemon juice, zest, garlic, hot sauce, honey and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Seal the bag and turn to coat the chicken. Marinate for 30 minutes. Preheat grill to MEDIUM. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding bag, and grill chicken for 6 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients (cucumber through paprika) and blend well.
- Serve chicken topped with yogurt sauce. Enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and adjust cooking time accordingly. KOSHER: Use cultured soy instead of yogurt. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure hot sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 250 Calories; 6g Fat; 41g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 104mg Cholesterol; 134mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!