- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds carrots peeled and cut into large slices
- 2 large onions diced
- 1 large apple peeled, cored and cut into large cubes
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth or use homemade
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger optional
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- In a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, heat the olive oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add carrots, onions, and apple; sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add broth, salt, pepper, and gingerroot then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree soup in a blender or with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Serve garnished with cheese.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad and some whole grain rolls and butter. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving Calories: 180, Total Fat 11g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 55mg, Total Carbohydrates 21g, Dietary Fiber 6g, Protein 2g Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!