Chicken Breasts in Parmesan Cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup light cream
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese divided
- 4 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a baking pan with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- In a medium skillet, melt remaining 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add chicken and saute for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until browned; transfer to prepared baking pan.
- To the same skillet, add the flour; cook over low heat for 2 minutes. Gradually stir in cream; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until sauce have thickened. Stir in 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks with 1 tablespoon of the warm sauce; blend well then add mixture to the sauce in the skillet.
- Coat chicken with sauce, remaining cheese and bread crumbs; bake for 10 minutes.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby red potatoes and steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and adjust cooking time accordingly. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten-free flour. Use gluten-free bread crumbs or make your own crumbs from gluten-free bread. NUTRITION: Per Serving Calories: 510, Total Fat 37g, Cholesterol 294mg, Sodium 669mg, Total Carbohydrates 23g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Protein 22g Points: 14
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!