- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 pounds catfish fillets cut into 6 servings
- Olive oil
- 2 lemons cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pour buttermilk into a wide bowl. In a second wide bowl, combine Cajun seasoning and cornmeal. Dip fish first into buttermilk then dredge in cornmeal mixture and place them on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges. Enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Buttered corn on the cob and a big bowl of coleslaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with mayo and a little rice vinegar). VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of fish and adjust cooking time accordingly. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Cajun seasoning and cornmeal are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 227 Calories; 5g Fat; 27g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 249mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!