Beef Avocado Chili
- 2 14.5-oz. cans fire-roasted tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 large bell peppers chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 small cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 small jalapeno chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 large avocados peeled and chopped
- In a large crock cooker, add all the ingredients except for the avocado (tomatoes through tomato sauce) and stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours until the beef is cooked through.
- Stir in avocado and serve warm.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby carrots and cauliflower. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and beef broth are gluten-free. NUTRITION: 520 Calories; 35g Fat (59.0% calories from fat); 34g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 78mg Cholesterol; 308mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 5 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!