Beef and Vegetable Kabobs
- 2 1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak trimmed
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 cremini mushrooms trimmed
- 2 medium green bell peppers de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium red onions peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steak for 30 minutes (see recipe). If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning on the grill.
- Cut the beef into 1 1/4-inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together next 7 ingredients (vinegar through garlic). Add beef and toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. At time of cooking, preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Alternately thread beef and vegetables onto skewers then brush with remaining marinade. Grill kabobs until beef is cooked to desired level of doneness, turning one-quarter turn every 2 to 3 minutes. Cook approximately 8 minutes for medium-rare and 10 to 12 minutes for medium.
- Serve and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Curried Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; toss with salt, pepper, curry powder and chopped cilantro to taste). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve Curried Brown Rice (same directions) instead of Curried Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 485 Calories; 16g Fat; 64g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 167mg Cholesterol; 884mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 8 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!