Balsamic Pork Chops
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 4-oz. boneless pork chops
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or use low sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups green peas
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup 5% cream
- Heat the oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat.
- Add pork chops. Brown for 3 to 4 minutes per side then remove from heat and set aside.
- Add wine (or broth) to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add onions and thyme and cook until onions are browned and somewhat caramelized (about 15 minutes).
- Add peas, vinegar, and mustard and cook for 1 minute.
- Return pork chops to the pan. Add the cream then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork and chicken broth instead of cream. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine (or broth), vinegar and mustard are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 214 Calories; 7g Fat; 24g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 54mg Cholesterol; 69mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!