- 1 medium onion cut into wedges
- 1 medium green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into strips
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into strips 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups baby portabella mushrooms sliced
- Place onion and bell pepper in a slow cooker then arrange chicken strips on top.
- Sprinkle with garlic and seasonings (oregano, basil and black pepper). Pour the balsamic vinegar over the top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or on LOW for 6 hours, adding the mushrooms during the last hour of cooking time. Halfway through the cooking time, baste the chicken with the slow cooker juices and stir.
- Serve and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Zucchini Pasta (julienne or cut zucchini lengthwise into long, thin strips; stir-fry in a little olive over medium-high heat till just slightly limp). Add a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Angel Hair pasta instead of Zucchini pasta. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION per serving: 410 Calories; 14g Fat; 55g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 151mg Cholesterol; 158mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!