Baked Honey Drumsticks
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large baking dish with foil and lightly coat with a little olive oil. Remove the skin from the drumsticks: Using a paper towel, pull hard on the top part of the skin then all the way down. Arrange drumsticks in prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, honey, mustard, salt, pepper and curry powder. Pour mixture evenly over the chicken, brushing to coat. Bake for 45 minutes or until brown. Turn and bake for 30 minutes or until the second sides are browned and juices run clear.
- Serve and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of broccoli slaw (toss shredded broccoli, carrots, radishes and green onions with mayo and a little rice vinegar). SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure mustard and curry powder are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 249 Calories; 12g Fat; 24g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 100mg Cholesterol; 668mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!