Wine and Tomato Tilapia
- 4 tilapia fillets 6-oz.
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter divided
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 4 basil leaves chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup white wine or use low sodium vegetable broth
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Place tilapia fillets side by side on a large piece of aluminum foil.
- Season fish with salt and pepper then top each with 1 tablespoon of butter and sprinkle with the garlic, chopped basil and tomatoes.
- Carefully pour the wine (or broth) over all. Fold foil wrap around fish, forming a large package. Grill for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Open the package (careful of the steam!) and serve. Enjoy!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes tossed with a little butter and chopped parsley. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine (or broth) is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 298 Calories; 13g Fat; 31g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 104mg Cholesterol; 147mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!