White Fish and Veggies
- 6 6-oz. pieces firm white fish fresh or frozen
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup diagonally sliced green onions
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Cut fish into 1-inch cubes and season with salt and pepper. Heat half of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add fish cubes and sauté until barely cooked, about 2 minutes. Remove from skillet. Heat remaining oil in the same skillet. Add vegetables and sauté until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Return fish to the skillet and add sea salt and ground ginger. In a small bowl or cup, combine chicken broth, cornstarch and lemon zest.
- Add to fish mixture and cook and stir until thickened and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, about 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby red potatoes and steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Substitute extra-firm tofu for the fish and use vegetable broth. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth is gluten free and use arrowroot powder instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 216 Calories; 7g Fat; 32g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 73mg Cholesterol; 263mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!