Veggie Crammin' Pot Roast
- 1 2-lb. beef pot roast
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chopped okra
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 1 medium stalk celery chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whole green beans
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place roast in a slow cooker.
- Place remaining ingredients (garlic through cayenne pepper) in a large bowl and toss until well combined. Arrange over roast, cover, and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add braised collard greens on the side. NUTRITION: per serving: 649 Calories; 43g Fat; 39g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 149mg Cholesterol; 636mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 5 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 17
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!