Veggie and Cheese Supper Strata
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup sliced white button mushrooms
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and diced
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn thawed
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 4 eggs beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 large loaf French bread cubed
- Aluminum foil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: “Marinate” dinner for 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add all vegetables (green onions through carrot) and sauté for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk and cheese.
- Arrange bread cubes and cooked vegetables in a baking dish that has been liberally coated with olive oil then pour egg mixture over the top.
- Cover baking dish with foil wrap and refrigerate overnight or for at least 1 hour.
- At the time of cooking, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove foil wrap and bake strata for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten-free bread OR skip the bread and make omelets! NUTRITION: Per Serving: 528 Calories; 16g Fat; 22g Protein; 73g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 165mg Cholesterol; 861mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 2 Fat. Points: 14
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!