Tropical Smothered Kabobs
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
- 2 medium yellow bell peppers de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into large chunks
- 2 medium orange bell peppers de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into large chunks
- 1 large red onion cut into 8 large chunks
- 1 14-oz. can unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken cubes and veggie chunks for 2 to 4 hours. If using bamboo skewers, pre-soak them in water for 30 minutes, to prevent burning on the grill.
- Place chicken cubes and veggie chunks in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. Combine remaining ingredients (pineapple through cinnamon) in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture over chicken and veggies. Seal bag and turn to fully saturate with marinade. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- At time of cooking, preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Alternately thread marinated chicken and veggies onto skewers. Grill for 4 to 6 minutes, rotating often, until cooked through. Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over hot Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork. Add steamed broccoli spears on the side. NUTRITION: per serving: 309 Calories; 9g Fat; 35g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 82mg Cholesterol; 679mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!