Tossed Nicoise Salad
- 2 eggs hard-boiled, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 medium red potatoes cooked and cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 cups green beans steamed
- 1/4 cup black olives pitted
- 3 5-oz. cans water-packed white tuna drained and flaked
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 6 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Prepare eggs, potatoes and green beans.
- In a large bowl, toss together first 8 ingredients (hard-boiled eggs through Romaine lettuce).
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (olive oil through parsley).
- Pour over salad and toss well to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve toasted whole wheat pita bread on the side. VEGETARIAN: Skip the tuna and double the eggs. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure olives, vinegar and mustard are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 237 Calories; 8g Fat; 24g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 100mg Cholesterol; 376mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!