Thai Beef Salad
- 1 pound flank steak
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons ginger freshly grated
- 6 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes more or less, to taste
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar divided
- 2 cups red cabbage shredded
- 2 cups green cabbage shredded
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce shredded
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steak overnight or for at least 6 hours (see recipe).
- Place flank steak in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. In a small bowl, combine next 5 ingredients (teriyaki sauce through crushed red pepper flakes) along with 3 teaspoons of the rice vinegar.
- Blend well then pour mixture over steak. Seal the bag and turn several times to coat well. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Preheat grill or oven broiler to MEDIUM-HIGH. Lightly oil grill grate or broiler pan.
- Grill/broil steak to the desired level of doneness.
- Transfer to a cutting board and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- In a large bowl, place cabbages and Romaine lettuce. Toss well to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine teriyaki sauce, peanut butter, and remaining rice vinegar; set aside.
- Thinly slice flank steak across the grain (diagonally) and add to salad mixture. Drizzle with dressing and toss to blend well.
- Arrange salad on dinner plates. Top first with cilantro, then a little mint, and finally a pinch of sesame seeds. Enjoy!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced cucumber on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add sesame breadsticks. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure teriyaki sauce and rice vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 286 Calories; 18g Fat; 76g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 36mg Cholesterol; 974mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 10 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 13
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!