Tex Mex Pork Wraps
- 2 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 4-oz, can diced green chilis
- 1/4 cup chili powder or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 whole wheat flour tortillas warmed
- Chopped lettuce optional garnish
- diced tomatoes optional garnish
- chopped green onions optional garnish
- sour cream optional garnish
- chopped cilantro optional garnish
- Place pork in a slow cooker. In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients except tortillas and garnishes. Pour mixture over pork.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until pork is cooked through. Shred pork with 2 forks and serve on warmed tortillas with desired toppings. Enjoy!!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Buttered corn on the cob and a big salad. VEGETARIAN: Instead of pork, use 1 pound of dried white beans that have been soaked overnight. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, green chilies and tortillas are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 441 Calories; 11g Fat; 46g Protein; 40g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 123mg Cholesterol; 1120mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!