Tangy Tropical Turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless turkey breast cut into 4 cutlets
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits drained
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add turkey and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet and keep warm. Heat remaining oil in the same skillet. Add onion and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add pineapple, soy sauce, ketchup and brown sugar.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add chopped tomato and simmer for 5 minutes. Return turkey to the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, serve, and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add steamed broccoli spears on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and ketchup are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 191 Calories; 4g Fat; 29g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 404mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!