Spicy Thai Peanut Chicken
- 3/4 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1/3 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 cup unsweetened light coconut milk
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside. Reduce skillet heat to medium. Add gingerroot and garlic and cook until the garlic has softened about 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl, whisk together next 7 ingredients (soy sauce through coconut milk).
- Pour mixture into the skillet, bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add mushrooms and snow peas and cook until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to the pan and heat through. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with brown rice. Enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve stir-fried sliced zucchini, yellow squash and red bell peppers on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and adjust cooking time accordingly. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and curry paste are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 468 Calories; 15g Fat; 47g Protein; 33g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 453mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!