Spicy Spanish Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup dry white wine or use low sodium chicken broth
- Lemon wedges
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add shrimp and cook, stirring constantly, until they turn pink, about 4 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside. To the same skillet add onion and garlic.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 1 minute. Add vinegar and cook just until vinegar has been absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, paprika, salt and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring frequently, until tomatoes are soft, about 3 minutes. Add wine (or broth) and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Return shrimp to skillet and heat through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes tossed with a little butter and chopped parsley. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast meat cut to the approximate size of shrimp. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure balsamic vinegar and wine (or broth) is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 211 Calories; 6g Fat; 24g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 412mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!