Spicy Faux Noodle Spaghetti
- 1 large spaghetti squash cooked, halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 pounds Italian sausage
- 2 14.5-oz. cans tomatoes and green chilis
- 1 14-oz. can tomato sauce
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place squash halves on a baking sheet, flesh sides up. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Using a fork, scrape the squash out of its shell into a large bowl in long, thin (spaghetti-like) strands. While squash is cooling, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sausage meat and cook, breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon, for 5 to 10 minutes or until cooked through. Drain grease then stir in remaining ingredients (tomatoes through salt).
- Add to squash “noodles” and toss. Serve and enjoy!!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, radishes and avocado, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 657 Calories; 54g Fat; 27g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 129mg Cholesterol; 2732mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 8 1/2 Fat. Points: 18
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!