Slow-Cooked Sausages with Beans and Roasted Red Peppers
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 6 lean sweet Italian sausages
- 5 ounces cannellini beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or low sodium chicken broth
- 10 ounces roasted red peppers diced
- 7.5 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place the olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook until garlic starts to brown then remove it from the skillet and discard.
- Add sausages to the pan and brown on the outsides, but do not cook through.
- Transfer to a cutting board and allow them to cool enough to handle.
- Cut them into bite-sized pieces and return to the skillet along with remaining ingredients (beans through black pepper).
- Transfer mixture to a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 5 hours or until sausage is cooked through. Serve and enjoy!!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and avocado, tossed with red wine vinaigrette and sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add grilled polenta. KOSHER: Use turkey sausages. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure sausages, beans, wine (or broth), roasted red peppers and diced tomatoes are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 383 Calories; 19g Fat; 34g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 93mg Cholesterol; 245mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 6 Fat. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!